Monday, August 11, 2008

Its the same bitter sweet feeling....

Finally ...
The application season has started in full flow with most of the schools announcing their essays and the opening up their online application forms.

The month started with the results of Reliance Stanford Scholarship application. For most of the applicants it was a disappointment. To be fair quite a few applicants (including me) overlooked the financial-need angle and might have failed to 'demonstrate financial need' in their applications (though this may not be the only reason). As for me I sincerely hope that this is not sign of things to come. Last year I started with a bang (read admission offer from ISB and interview call from Wharton and Yale - all coming within a span of a week or two) and ended with a whimper (dings dings and more dings). Hopefully this year will be the different from the last.

I am presently working on the Columbia Applications and I am now back those dreaded essays. I started with the Columbia application because....
  • It is "The Columbia Business School!!!!!!!" - an obvious choice for someone who wants to pursue a career in Investment Management.
  • It has rolling admissions. i.e. earlier you apply, faster will you get to know your result. (remember my Plan B?) I want to be better prepared if thing start going the way it went last time
  • I didn't apply to CBS last year. So I can start with a clean slate. This gives a bit of physiological comfort which is very essential for the first application.

Initially I had planned to complete the application by August 15th but the way things are moving I think I wont be able to submit it before Aug 21. I have consciously refrained from looking into my last years essays at least till the time I have the first draft of essays with me and I will be be devoting more time in the online application forms, something I failed to do last year.

This is all for now....

Keep reading (especially my blogs:) ....

Keeping blogging.....

3 comments:

  1. will read, will blog.. even though this aint SPARTA !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. refer our site that we have designed mainly for the MBA aspirants..........

    ReplyDelete